"Oh no, I can't go to the grocery store now""Why? What happened?""It is raining outside and I don't have a raincoat""No worries, we will wait for...Read More
Announcements, analysis and opinions on industry trends around the mobile programmatic world.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, entrepreneurial and highly professional accountant as a full-time addition to our team. The accountant will report to the Finance Director and work closely with the rest of the finance team in Spain and internationally.
mediasmart is part of the Affle group - a global technology company that is listed on the stock exchange in India. Affle group has been in the adtech/martech business for over 15 years and runs multiple ad platform businesses like Appnext, Vizury, RevX, MAAS in addition to mediasmart.
At mediasmart, our mission is to allow advertisers to effectively reach mobile audiences in real time, while maximizing engagement with campaigns and their incremental value to advertisers. mediasmart was one of the first players to enter the programmatic mobile ecosystem and to date our proprietary technology stack comprises of a DSP, DMP & Ad-Server, as well as direct connections to more than 30 ad exchanges where we buy display, video and native ads on mobile apps, web, connected TVs and desktop.
Our culture and values:
We work hard and never forget to have fun in the process. Absolutely devoted to our customers and to building the best mobile advertising company out there, our passion shines through everything we do.
Summary of the role
The accountant will manage the day-to-day accounting functions for the Mediasmart Mobile S.L. entity in Spain, as well as tax filing to the Spanish authorities. Spanish accounts have to be consolidated on a quarterly and annual basis with other accounts of the Affle group hence, accurate reporting on a timely basis is critical in this position.
The accountant must work closely with the Financial Controller, the Financial Director and the CEO of mediasmart, as well as with other team members of the finance team overseas as well as the financial auditors.
Below are some of the core responsibilities and requirements we envision for the role, which will preferably, but not necessarily, be located in Madrid (the job can be performed remotely).
If you are looking for challenges, growth opportunities and a great learning experience with a young team that strives for innovation and quality of service, this is the company for you.
For more information on the company and our team, please go to our website: mediasmart.io.
- Manage account book-keeping of all financial accounts for Mediasmart Mobile S.L. in Netsuite, which includes processing of invoices (both customers and suppliers), bank entries & bank reconciliations and recording of provisions to facilitate the monthly / quarterly / yearly book closure.
- Provide detailed financial reports to group finance team and auditors for reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- File all taxes required with Spanish Authorities (mainly 303 and 111 models on a quarterly basis and 390, 190 y 347 models on an annual basis).
- Provide all the necessary support from an accounting perspective for Mediasmart Mobile S.L. to successfully complete all quarterly and annual audits.
- The candidate must be a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Must be fluent in English, both oral and written, as this is the language used for interaction with most of our team members and the business language for all of our tools and documentation.
- Must have experience working with an advanced accounting program, preferably Netsuite, and wide accounting knowledge.
- Must have experience filing taxes for companies in Spain.
- Proficiency using excel is required.
- Proactivity, critical thinking and good disposition for working in teams is a must.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional and geographically disperse teams is a plus.
- Analytical, curious, goal-oriented. A problem solver who is proactive and not satisfied until effective solutions are found.
- Strong orientation to detail, with an ability to collect and organize data, understand the results and communicate them effectively.
- Able to think independently and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong sense of urgency in responding promptly to requests from teams or external parties and fulfilling required timelines.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work effectively in teams.
How to apply
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accountant” in the subject or through this Form