Do you want to solve challenging problems like serving hundreds of millions of requests per second on a distributed multi datacenter cluster? Do you want to compete globally at a world-class AdTech company? Do you like software with optimal performance and cannot leave things alone until you squeeze every last millisecond out of your code?
We are growing again! At mediasmart we are looking for an engineer to join our tech team, whose main function will be to develop for the backend building the next generation of our AdTech software.
If you are looking for challenges, professional growth opportunities and a great learning experience with a team that strives for innovation and quality of service, this is the company for you. This role has enormous potential to shape the company and drive growth in an industry that is already growing exponentially.
mediasmart started in January 2012 and is one of the most innovative platforms in the mobile programmatic advertising space. VC funded in its origin, mediasmart is now part of Affle International (Singapore), a global consumer intelligence technology company that has Microsoft, D2C (An NTT DoCoMo, Dentsu & NTT Advertising JV), Itochu, Bennett Coleman & Company (BCCL) as shareholders, and whose Indian subsidiary trades on the India stock exchanges (BSE: 542752 & NSE: AFFLE).
mediasmart has offices in Madrid, Paris, and New York. Since its inception, mediasmart has always been very clear on its position in the mobile advertising ecosystem: full focus on advertisers and the buying process. Today we are the first programmatic platform that allows advertisers to measure the incremental impact of their drive to store and app promotion campaigns in real time, so that they can invest more in what really helps them grow their business.
mediasmart was one of the first players to enter the programmatic mobile ecosystem and to date our proprietary technology stack comprises of a DSP, DMP & Ad-Server, as well as direct connections to more than 30 ad exchanges where we buy display, video, audio and native ads on mobile apps, web, smart TV and desktop.
Our culture and values
- Be a generous leader. One that helps others succeed and celebrate their success.
- Love curiosity. Keep learning and stay relevant.
- It’s a team effort. Collaborate and cooperate to build a smart company.
- Go farther. Be an example for others. Set the bar.
- Love what we do. Love our work with passion and respect.
- Do good and do well. Our work matters.
We work hard and never forget to have fun in the process. Absolutely devoted to our customers and to building the best mobile advertising company out there, our passion shines through everything we do.
We are looking for a person willing to learn our technology stack and about our business. You will maintain our product and develop new functionalities. Your software will be used in mission critical code powering millions of actions per second. We will provide coaching and a career plan. This is a 100% backend position. No web frontend experience is needed. Reporting to the head of backend, you will be a part of our team and be productive from day one.
Believing in a culture of experimentation, we greatly value insights and creativity. We really believe in bottom up ideas in our organization and we nurture ideas via culture and labs. We give you the tools and resources to run “labs” that may impact the product roadmap as part of our daily jobs having biweekly “labs” sessions in company time.
- Deliver new code fast and reliably, and always ensure that it works in production.
- Be able to promptly solve issues directly in the existing code.
- Proactively analyse areas to improve and propose projects to make our product more effective.
- When necessary, interact directly with customers or partners to clarify technical issues or help with integrations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Some experience with Git version control.
- Basic Linux administration.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Teamwork, collaboration skills.
- Proactivity, critical thinking and good disposition for working in teams.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- We value DevOps experience with AWS stack, CD/CI, deployments and setup, alerting & monitoring. Experience in GCP is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js on distributed highly scalable systems.
- Experience with Go. Our codebase is written on Go and Node.js with some minor components in Rust.
- Experience with NoSQL and big data databases: BigQuery, Redis, RocksDB, MongoDB...
- Interest in machine learning and statistics. Design and create new algorithms, work with exotic data structures. Follow up the latest developments in scientific papers in the adtech and ML areas.
- Interest in open software development, contributing to the node.js or golang ecosystem, participating in code challenges, competitions, being speaker in tech conferences, meetups, etc.
What we offer
- Remote work.
- Competitive salary.
- Permanent contract.
- Career plan.
- Courses (related online or offline courses you might like).
- Flexible hours.
- Join a motivated and innovative team using state of art technologies.
- Join a company with large expansion and growth projects
- Do work that makes a difference.
How to apply
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Backend Engineer 2020” in the subject, including:
- Links to personal projects (or to your GitHub account),
- Up-to-date resume (can be a link to LinkedIn or similar),
- Why you want to work with us.
Check all open positions at mediasmart!