We are seeking a results-oriented, entrepreneurial and highly driven senior commercial manager as a full time addition to our team.
mediasmart is an exciting mobile advertising technology start-up with offices in Madrid, Paris and London. Our mission is allowing advertisers to effectively reach mobile audiences in real time, while maximizing engagement with campaigns. Our goal is to bring real value to advertisers, and we allow them to automatically measure incrementality so that they can analyse the true outcomes of their ad-spend. mediasmart was one of the first players to enter the programmatic mobile ecosystem and to date our proprietary technology stack comprises of a DSP, DMP & Ad-Server, as well as direct connections to more than 30 ad exchanges where we buy display, video and native ads on mobile apps, web, smart TV and desktop.
Since its inception, mediasmart has always been very clear on its position in the mobile advertising ecosystem: full focus on advertisers and the buying process.
Our culture and values:
- Be a generous leader. One that helps others succeed and celebrate their success.
- Love curiosity. Keep learning and stay relevant.
- It’s a team effort. Collaborate and cooperate to build a smart company.
- Go farther. Be an example for others. Set the bar.
- Love what we do. Love our work with passion and respect.
- Do good and do well. Our work matters.
- We work hard and never forget to have fun in the process. Absolutely devoted to our customers and to building the best mobile advertising company out there, our passion shines through everything we do.
Summary & Duties
mediasmart is looking for a senior commercial manager with significant experience in the data driven mobile advertising space. In this position, you should drive the efforts to grow mediasmart´s market share in the territory or vertical under your responsibility, through the establishment and cultivation of ongoing relationships that will lead to a qualified pipeline of prospective new clients who can leverage the mediasmart DSP platform to run effective mobile advertising campaigns. You should educate new clients on the benefits of mediasmart´s technological capabilities and expertise, and leverage your industry knowledge to generate demand.
You would be an important member of the team who is expected, not only to sell, but also to enhance and improve our product, refine our value proposition and improve our understanding of the markets in which we compete. You would also be expected to be a high level individual contributor who would manage the full sales life cycle from the initial outreach through the final sale or signing of the contract. The life-cycle would include identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; negotiating contracts and closing.
You would work directly with the head of the Commercial team to define your sales plan and would be directly responsible for executing on sales in your territory. Below are some of the specific responsibilities we envision for the role. This is an individual contributor role.
● Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals in your territory or vertical; hit or exceed these revenue goals.
● Develop and maintain strong active relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels.
● Leverage external relationships and personal network to identify potential clients that fit mediasmart´s value proposition, and generate sales leads for your territory or vertical.
● Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded in mediasmart´s CRM tools.
● Understand agency, advertiser, data and vendor landscapes and trends, as well as the competitive landscape, reporting these to the organization.
● Interact with other members of the industry and be open to partnerships and marketing opportunities that contribute to raising the profile of the company in your territory or vertical.
● Ensure internal processes between sales and account management are properly followed to guarantee effectiveness and client satisfaction.
● You will be working closely with our Account Management, Product and Marketing teams to constantly optimize our product and service.
● Attending key industry events across Europe & USA to represent mediasmart.
We are looking for someone:
● Who has at least 5 years of sales experience in the Mobile Advertising industry and can come in with their little black book of contacts of mobile advertisers. Knowledge of the underlying technology of a DSP platform is a plus.
● Who is very hands-on, a self-starter and goal-oriented. With proven skills in lead generation, deal development, negotiations and closing clients.
● Who has a persuasive personality with passion for startups and challenges. You should have the ability to create and build relationships.
● Who is tech-savvy and has a good understanding of the mobile ad tech ecosystem.
● Who has the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and to adapt quickly to changes.
● Who is a good communicator and has a perfect level of written and spoken English language.
● Who can work successfully in a team environment, partnering with other departments within mediasmart including Sales, Marketing, Account Management & Tech.
● Who is organized, methodical and logical, with phenomenal communication skills and a consultative approach when addressing clients’ needs.
● Who has a diligent work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done.
● Who has the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
● Who can work remotely if and when needed.
How to apply
Apply to email@example.com with “International sales - Senior Position 2019” in the subject, including your up-to-date resume.