It's no secret that the way we watch TV has evolved significantly over the years, thanks to the rise of Connected TV (CTV). With an ever-expanding array of streaming services and content, you are presented with new opportunities to captivate audiences through personalized and relevant ads. CTV advertising has become the latest buzz in the industry, and for good reason!
In this blog post, we'll uncover some clever ways to boost audience engagement with CTV ads, so you can take advantage of this cutting-edge technology and boost audience engagement.
1. Personalize Your Ads: Personalization is a great way to connect with viewers. You can use data to personalize ads based on demographics, interests, and location. Personalized ads are more likely to resonate with viewers and encourage them to engage with your content.
Choose a DSP, like mediasmart, specializing in programmatic advertising across different channels, including CTV. It can help you personalize CTV ads through programmatic marketing and Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO), which enable ads to be tailored based on variables such as location, proximity to a store, time of the day weather, device, and the number of previous ads viewed. By leveraging these features, you can deliver more engaging and relevant CTV ads that drive better results.
2. Create Compelling Content: Creating compelling content is essential to engaging your audience. Ensure your CTV ads are creative, visually appealing, and have a clear message that resonates with your target audience.
However, CTV ads come in different formats depending on factors like app, manufacturer, model, and operating system. You may have to create multiple ads to make sure they work on different devices and platforms. To do this manually, would be a lot of hassle, so look for tools that can help you automate ad optimization.
For example, mediasmart supports all creative formats, and we make sure that your ad is optimized for each platform's technical requirements. We automatically resize video ads to match the screen size and placement, which makes delivery seamless and provides a better experience for viewers. We also have connections to over 30 different SSPs, meaning we have access to all major ad requirements for CTV ads.
Moreover, you can also use QR codes with CTV in a variety of ways to enhance the viewing experience and engage audiences. For example, they can be incorporated into commercials or product placements to provide viewers with more information about the advertised product or service. QR codes can also be used to drive traffic to a company's website or social media pages or to offer exclusive promotions or discounts to viewers.
3. Measure Performance and Automatically Optimize towards Success: Ad placement can have a significant impact on engagement. Consider placing your ads on popular streaming services or platforms that your target audience frequents.
You can do this by analyzing audience insights, performance data, targeting capabilities, and multichannel campaign options to choose the right streaming services or platforms for your target audience. By leveraging these, you can ensure that your ads are reaching the right audience on the right platform, increasing the chances of engagement and conversions.
Identify areas that need improvement and adjust your ads accordingly. This information can be used to optimize ad spend and ensure that resources are being allocated to the most effective platforms.
Moreover, another added benefit of CTV is that you can track different types of conversions - app downloads, online purchases, store visits, or website visits. These measurement metrics will help you understand if your ads or messaging are actually driving action. While also helping you close the online and offline gap by linking ads on CTV to actual store visits, through technologies like drive-to-store.
4. Integrating Consumer Journeys Across Screens: By targeting viewers across multiple devices and screens you can create a more cohesive experience for viewers, enabling them to engage with ads on their preferred device and ensuring that the messaging and branding remain consistent across all touchpoints.
One important aspect of this approach is household sync. mediasmart’s Household Sync links multiple devices to a single household, allowing you to target the entire household with a cohesive and relevant ad campaign. It will also enable you to leverage the creativity of a video ad on TV and pair it with other, more interaction-friendly mobile devices in the household. This helps increase the interactivity of a CTV and creates a seamless experience for viewers, enabling them to engage with ads across multiple devices. For example, a viewer could see an advertisement for a new product on their TV, then click on a link on their smartphone to learn more about the product or make a purchase.
In addition to household sync, you can also extend your campaigns to digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising, which can be targeted to specific locations and times of the day. By being where it matters when it matters, you can reach audiences in high-traffic areas, such as airports, shopping malls, and train stations, and ensure that your messaging is seen by the right people at the right time.
5. Reaching the right target audience with advanced audience management: mediasmart’s advanced audience management capabilities offer a powerful tool for reaching your desired audience across screens and devices. By leveraging retargeting with interaction-based audiences and 3rd party audiences for CTV, mediasmart can help you to optimize your campaigns and achieve maximum impact and ROI.
One of the key features of mediasmart audience management is its ability to retarget viewers based on their interactions with previous ads. This means that you can show follow-up ads to viewers who have already engaged with your content, increasing the likelihood of conversion and driving higher ROI. In addition, mediasmart offers 3rd party audiences for CTV, including Digiseg's audience segments, allowing advertisers to target specific demographics or interests with precision and accuracy.
Another benefit of mediasmart’s audience management is its cross-screen capabilities. With mediasmart, you can target viewers across multiple devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and CTVs, ensuring that your messaging is seen by the widest possible audience. By reaching viewers on their preferred devices and delivering a cohesive and personalized experience, you can increase engagement and build stronger connections with your target audience.
CTV ads can make your ads relevant by tailoring them to the needs of your target audience. Increase traffic with cost-effective targeting and improve market proposition between brands and consumers. This growing industry is a game changer for advertisers looking to increase audience engagement and brand awareness. Now, you can maximize all your campaign spending with creative flexibility and impact measurement capabilities.