We are seeking an entrepreneurial and customer-oriented team leader based in Madrid as a full time addition to our team.
Mediasmart.io is a promising startup in the European mobile advertising landscape. The company is backed by Kibo Ventures and Komm Investments and it is profitable, so it does not depend on further external investment. Having been one of the first companies entering the growing programmatic ecosystem in mobile, mediasmart is very well positioned, particularly in Europe, and has been consistently growing at triple digit annual rates.
Mediasmart has developed its own programmatic demand side platform and owns its complete tech stack. Customers are advertisers, media agencies or other companies on the demand side of the value chain, who license the mediasmart platform and can use mediasmart´s web interface, or integrate their own solutions via APIs.
If you are looking for challenges, growth opportunities and a great learning experience with a young team that strives for innovation and quality of service, this is the company for you. This role has enormous potential to shape the company and drive growth, in an industry that is already growing exponentially as it is.
Reporting to the CTO in Madrid, and also cooperate very closely with the Client Services Director, who leads the team of account managers that provide the first line of support to customers.
As part of our developer team, mediasmart is looking for a team leader for our Technical Client Services team. You will be responsible for managing a team of 2 to 4 people that solves all issues escalated by the non-technical client services team, and and for auditing the quality of our user interface. We are not looking for just a manager, but a hands-on team leader capable of solving problems on their own, train their team, and actively participate in the culture and processes of the development team.
You will be expected to be a high level individual contributor who is critical in guaranteeing our customer satisfaction and therefore, our success as a company, not only by solving issues as they come in, but by contributing to shape our internal processes for scale.
Below are some of the specific responsibilities we envision for the role:
- Audit and improve the procedures followed by the tech client services team with the goal of maximizing the team effectiveness, and therefore our customers’ satisfaction
- Manage the tech client services team and set data gathering processes and KPIs that allow us to quantify work done, progress and level of success
- Work on daily planning to quickly and effectively follow up on customer issues, acting as liaison with other internal teams when needed
- Ensure the quality of the reviewing process after each software release of our customer interface
- Actively contribute to hands-on investigating and resolving issues
- Manage communication with clients at a technical level when required
- Coordinate with other internal teams, not only to maximize the speed of issue resolution, but also to minimize the occurrence of future issues
- Organize and ensure training for your team at a technical level, making sure they are part of the necessary development team processes
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- At least 2 years experience as team leader, project manager or scrum master
- Experience in development and management of complex software systems
- Disposition to interact with customers, educate them and solve their problems. Teaching experience is a plus.
We do not need to you have experience in everything we mention below, but we do need you to have the proven ability of learning and adapting to be able to own a complex and consolidated software product.
- Degree in computer science or engineering
- We highly value experience in positions that involve extensive customer interaction, ideally as technical account manager or presales
- Basic understanding of ad tech concepts such as OpenRTB, ad tags, postbacks, MRAID, VAST, etc… is nice to have
- Experience with Node.js, Erlang and Elixir, Golang, React, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB, GitHub or Amazon AWS is a plus
- Proactive, capable of critical thinking and with good disposition for team work.
- Strong leader and team player who tends to lead by example
- Resilient against roadblocks and difficulties. A problem solver who is proactive and not satisfied until effective solutions are found.
- Strong orientation to detail, with an ability to collect and organize data, understand the results and communicate them effectively.
- Permanent contract
- Flexible schedule and ability to work remotely part of the time: what matters is what you do, not how you do it
- Being part of a team of motivated professionals using cutting-edge tech
- Work at a company where you can make a difference
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Head of Tech Client Services”, including:
- Links to personal projects (or your GitHub account)
- Updated CV (or link to LinkedIn or similar)
- A paragraph explaining why you want to work with us
Check all open positions at mediasmart!