Do you want to solve challenging problems, like serving hundreds of thousands of requests per second while doing tens of deployments per day? Do you want to compete globally at a world-class startup? We are seeking a results-oriented, seasoned backend engineer to lead our backend team.
mediasmart.io is a promising startup in the European mobile advertising landscape. The company is backed by Kibo Ventures and Komm Investments and it is profitable, so it does not depend on further external investment. Having been one of the first companies entering the growing programmatic ecosystem in mobile, mediasmart.io is very well positioned, particularly in Europe, and has been consistently growing at triple digit annual rates. mediasmart.io has developed its own programmatic demand side platform and owns its complete tech stack. Customers are advertisers, media agencies or other companies on the demand side of the value chain, who license the mediasmart.io platform and can use mediasmart ́s web interface, or integrate their own solutions via APIs.
Reporting to the CTO in Madrid, you would also cooperate very closely with other product divisions such as frontend or client services. As head of backend, you will be responsible for systems processing over hundreds of thousands of requests per second, using a technology stack that includes node.js, golang, and several nosql databases. The position involves working with technology as distinct and unique such as developing highly scalable software or using machine learning technology.
If you are looking for challenges, growth opportunities and a great learning experience with a team that strives for innovation and quality of service, this is the company for you. This role has enormous potential to shape the company and drive growth, in an industry that is already growing exponentially as it is.
- You will be responsible for managing a team that develop our bidder product. This is not a pure managing position. The candidate should be a hands-on team leader capable of solving problems on their own, training their team, and actively participating in the culture and processes of the development team
- You will be responsible for DevOPS and system maintenance. Our backend team has DevOPS and administration skills and as such it is responsible for maintaining security and quality of service
- You will perform technical decision making for our backend products, which involve the bidder, the adserver, the filter, and our home made DevOps tools: orchestration, deployment and alerting
- You will lead expertise in areas such as scalability, performance and high availability
- You will be responsible for ensuring server cost is in line or under the company margin goals
- You will maintain and improve the development culture and processes, including code reviews, styles, and related work procedures
Don’t worry if you lack some of the requirements we would rather teach you everything we need, than pass on the right person.
- Technical academic degree
- Experience as a team leader, project manager or a scrum master is a nice have but not required
- 5 years of experience as a backend developer, working with node.js, go lang, erlang, elixir or java
- Experience with cloud administration & APIs (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Strong administration skills. Advanced linux administration, ubuntu administration is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Git version control
- Experience with NoSQL databases: AWS Dynamo, Google Big Query and Redis
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning is a plus
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Team player who takes on leadership roles
- Analytical, curious, goal-oriented. A problem solver who is proactive and not satisfied until effective solutions are found.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to think independently and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work effectively in teams.
- Competitive salary
- Permanent contract
- Flexible hours and facility to conciliate
- Remote work (up to 100% remote) optional
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Head of Backend Engineering”, including:
- Links to personal projects (or your GitHub account)
- Updated CV (or link to LinkedIn or similar)
- A paragraph explaining why you want to work with us